Spoiler Alert! While you’re careening through your teenage years, your favorite band will release an absolutely appalling song that makes you embarrassed to have called yourself a fan. Your go-to social media app will become completely outdated and obsolete; your mother will talk to your principal and it won’t be just to say hello; and your body and skin will be evolving and changing faster than your Spotify playlist on a Saturday night.
I’m telling you this now so you can be prepared. Trust me, the list of things that will probably floor you and that you have little chance of actually being prepared for goes well beyond any trivial technological shift or a crushing relationship breakup.
Even so, just because you can’t prepare yourself for everything doesn’t mean you give up on the things you can prepare for.
Take Back Control of Your Skin
Here’s what you need to know: Your body and skin will change dramatically during your teenage years due to puberty and hormones. Feel free to ignore basically any other reason you might hear. Everybody goes through same whirlwind of changes. Some start a little earlier, others later; some may get taller, some may grow more hair where they never had it before. All of it is perfectly natural, and completely normal.
The unhinged hormones that will be running rampant throughout your body during puberty will affect your skin as much as anything else, only in this case, you can prepare and arm yourself.
The days of the traditional bar soap and shampoo, the kind your folks have been buying for years without any thought to its ingredients or effects on your skin, are over.
- Stay away from harsh, aggressive, irritating men’s cosmetic products and harmful chemicals. You’re looking for gentle cleansers and male cosmetics that nurture and protect your skin. Kiss dry, cracked lips goodbye; you never know what else you might be kissing!
- Petroleum lip balms are a crime against your lips. Petroleum seals and suffocates your lips instead of moisturizing and protecting them. Try MËNAJI’s Men’s Lip Balm Agent enriched with vitamin E, sunflower, macadamia, and jojoba oils, plus SPF 15 for UV protection. Treat your lips kindly, once a day is all you need.
- Use only natural, dermatologist recommended products, especially when looking to nourish, restore, and protect your skin. MËNAJI’s Deep Cleansing Masque is all about taking real control of your skin.
You’re looking to be as proactive and intentional as possible. A deep cleansing masque at least once a week is not an unrealistic commitment. Practical skin treatment for men begins with a deep clean to absorb oil, exfoliate dead skin, reduce pore size, draw out excess dirt and impurities, and enrich your skin with vitamins, anti-oxidants, natural clays, and botanicals that leave your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
- Sudden breakout!? MËNAJI’s got you covered. Covering up those untimely imperfections does not mean reaching for your Mom’s or sister’s concealer. MËNAJI’s Urban Camouflage® CAMO Concealer is a vegan concealer for men, with natural, healing ingredients formulated specifically for men’s skin. Pocket-sized and looks like a lip balm, it’s ideal for spot coverage and guaranteed to inspire confidence you can count on.
- Avoid oils, and moisturize regularly. Cleaning and moisturizing naturally doesn’t require harsh oils and detergents; you’re not trying to get the paint off! You’re looking for a daily face & body scrub with natural ingredients that it specifically formulated for men’s skin.
MËNAJI’s Men’s Face & Body Exfoliating Scrub is a perfect daily cleanse that exfoliates, cleans, and renews your skin using a blend of certified organic lime peel oil, jojoba, ginseng, kelp, azulene, and aloe. Remember, you don’t want to scrub too hard, but you want to really get in there and do the job.
Join the Men’s Skin Care Revolution
Men’s skin means men’s decisions. Find the brand the represents the values and intentions that define how you’re taking responsibility for the things you can control and stick with it.
Men’s skincare brands like MËNAJI have the best interests of your skin in mind, that’s our bottom line, and we’re constantly innovating and formulating new products with healthy ingredients to help you achieve your grooming and skincare goals.
In less than the time it took you to read this blog post, you could have wrapped up your entire daily grooming routine, and still had time to dash off a couple witty tweets. It may only take a few minutes to stay on top of it, but the men’s skincare revolution is not a part-time job. Commit to a solid routine with the best products in hand every day to look and feel your absolute best. Follow us at MËNAJI for the inside look at how it’s done.
Teen Skin Redefined by MËNAJI