Start 2013 strong. Here are our picks of some of the best new gear and gadgets. And they said there couldn’t be a better mousetrap…..
1) JBL Micro wireless Speakers – Any guy knows that quality sound matters. You already have great headphones and buds, but what about the latest wireless speakers? We’ve done the research and this brand is one of the best on the market. The first ultra-portable speaker featuring a rechargeable battery, built-in bass port and wireless Bluetooth connection. It delivers full-range sound with great bass – yet it fits easily into a backpack or clips onto clothing. You can also wirelessly stream audio to the speaker from any Bluetooth-equipped phone, tablet, etc. www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/JBL-Micro-Wireless
2) Ion Strong Wine Glasses – These party glasses are not only accident-free but great looking too; perfect for any celebration where you want to look good, yet things may get a bit out of hand. Made from Japanese glass-crafting technology these handsome crystal glasses boast lead- and barium-free ions. Highly resistant to scratching, chipping, and breaking, they’re great for enjoying on board your friends’ boat, or passing the hours at her winery. http://korin.com/Tableware_2/ion_strong_2
3) Bar-10-der – Gotta love the name of this one; so simple yet says it all. This bar gadget combines 10 bartending tools (muddler, standard and channel knives, reamer, jigger, zester, stirrer, strainer, corkscrew, and bottle opener). Using the same compact swing-out design of a pocket knife, this all-in-one gadget has the functionality of a professional cocktail-making set, but without the bulk. Cheers! www.uncommongoods.com
4) Quantum Scale – Want to stay on track; this piece of technology could be your new best friend. Starting with your first use, the Quantum Scale registers but does not display your weight; simply stores it in the scale’s memory and, from that point on, only displays weight loss or gain! This health meter can help you meet your new year’s weight loss goals. www.quantumscale.com
5) Oakley Airwave Ski Goggles - Oakley takes design and technology to the next level with a built-in heads up display that integrates GPS, Bluetooth and more. The state of the art sensors give you instant access to jump analytics (distance, height, airtime). This mobile dashboard even allows you to track your buddies, control music playlists and contains pre-loaded maps. www.oakley.com/airwave